Competition Roundups.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a lot easier to view them like that, you might have just found a job for yourself now!
Regards Chris.

Cheers Chas - Would be a shame to have Feb onwards without Jan .................. please!!!!

Thanks
Simon

while this is great, one slight improvement would be just putting 1st, 2nd and 3rd next to the winners name.

but i still think its great

adidat

I agree, it's a brilliant summary of the month's efforts, but would benefit from the placings being identified.

Thanks for doing it.

I deliberately left placings off, placings are after all only the judges preferences. Nothing wrong with that, that's the way of life with any competition submission.
I personally think un-attributed they allow everyone to make their own judgement as to style,effort involved, skill etc. I know my selection would have been different and I guarantee a blind vote would get a dozen or more variations.

This would have made judging a lot easier.
It is very difficult judging when you have to keep going up and down the pages and change pages three times.
Several members have remarked it would not have been their choice.
It was my choice and has already been said it reflects my taste to a degree but that does not mean the ones i did not choose were not as good a lot were.

Regards George

That's funny George - I had images of you shuffling pictures on a table with wine in hand rather like x factor types and then turning over the bits of paper to show the names :)
Thank you for judging - I don't envy your task. I don't think that when people disagree with your choices they're doing anything more that expressing theory opinion; I hope no one gives the impression of cruising you when you've volunteered to be the judge etc!
Shame we can't get critique from the judges but that's completely reasonable as otherwise you'd end up inundated with requests and it would end up with you feeling like you're having to justify your decision which would be ridiculous and against the spirit of the completion.
Miles

I don't think anyones comments I've seen on the last two months competitions disagree with the judging decisions, just an expression of differing personal preferences.
And any judging of entries by such a diverse membership, where developed skill levels and available workshop tooling covers such a broad spectrum, can only really be centered on the judges personal preferences.

Great work Chas.

Perhaps to help next month's judging you could do the same with links from each thumbnail back to the original post in the main thread? Just a thought.

Mick

That is in hand, but it all depends on me having the time to edit and post at the appropriate time.

CHJ":18n0mgdw said:
That is in hand, but it all depends on me having the time to edit and post at the appropriate time.
I figured you would have probably have thought of it already :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back