Bowl turning attachment Tyme Cub

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougy52665

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm a new member on the site. I have just bought a rather sad Looking Tyme Cub of Ebay and I am in the process of bringing it back to life. I wondered if anyone out there has a bowl turning attachment for a Cub lurking unused in a dark corner they'd like to sell or have any idea where I might get one?
Thanks Mark

Hmm...I had some bits off a Tyme cub but don't know if they are still there or can remember exactly what. It's many many years since I had mine. Will look when I get a chance.
From memory the bowl attachment was a solid casting which bolted on the end, ( or was that the Tyme avon lathe? :? )

Bob

Hi Bob, yes the bowl attachment bolts on the side. Both the Cub and the Avon rests attach the same way, they look exactly the same but I'm not sure they are. :?

Sorry Mark
I searched today but couldn't find anything, either I've stuck them in a box somewhere or I've given them away, can't remember tbh but will keep my eyes open in case, I certainly won't have thrown anything away.

Bob

dougy52665":3g2tj5a0 said:
Thanks for looking Bob, much appreciated.
Cheers,
Mark
Might still be there somewhere Mark, I had a sort out not too long ago and you know what that means. :wink: Bound to find it when I'm not looking. I know had had some bits though might not be the complete set up. Got them in a box of spare parts I bought but already had the attachment on my Cub which was sold with the lathe. I'll have another look over the weekend.

I'd say you have little to no chance of finding the attachment anywhere for sale so if no result this end it might be worth having something made up as it wasn't complicated. If I remember it was a straight bar (maybe recessed?) bolted to the end of the lathe, that had a slot down the centre and a upright right angled barwhich bolted to the slot. Existing tool rest fitted on top but you could also get a curved bowl rest.

cheers
Bob

I had another quick look yesterday Mark, before the golf course tempted me away, but no luck. I'm convinced that whatever parts I had are still here though as I throw nothing away. That of course is the reason I can't find anything! #-o

cheers Bob

Back