Bloody Parcelfarce strikes again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Parcel (urgently needed) shown as being out for delivery yesterday between 12.30 and 1.30pm. 2.30pm no sign. Politely rang the depot twice to be told that 'it was still out for delivery'. 5pm tracking shows 'returned to depot'. Politely ring the depot to be told there were 7-8 parcels brought back as the driver was out of hours. Only paid up to 5pm apparently. So Stuart at the depot promises to stick a Saturday Delivery sticker on it so that I'd get it today. Great news.

Only.....just checked tracking and no indication of being out for delivery. Spoke to the depot...no Saturday sticker put on it. Had I known that then I could have planned round it and gone in and collected it. turnip Stuart, Just wait until he gets back in on Monday. Grrrrrr......... :evil:

That is what happens up here I am afraid Roger.

A lot of the carriers don't actually do a Saturday delivery into the sticks, even in Kelso we have this problem.

Our local DX freight depot however have on occasion dropped things off on a Saturday which were due on the Monday as they were in the street anyway.

Parcelfarce are one of the worst though.

Am also in the sticks, and the couriers can be a bit weak willed. I'm sure one courier purposely delays the delivery for a day hoping there will be a couple extra items to the postcode.

I guess it's a no brainer [for them] that if the van is running late, then deleting my drop gives them an instant 30-40 minute time gain.

The blatent dishonesty has been irritating e.g. their online system updates 'No One At Property', really. Or it says 'Ticket Left At Property', yeah sure. Or better still 'Ticket Left In White Front Door', it's brown!

As the years go by, it doesn't really bother me now, especially as I can't really exert any influence. I just tell myself it's one of the quirks of living in the countryside, breath and relax...

Yetty":31d861ru said:
The blatent dishonesty has been irritating e.g. their online system updates 'No One At Property', really. Or it says 'Ticket Left At Property', yeah sure. Or better still 'Ticket Left In White Front Door', it's brown!

The Parcelfarce classic is the website tracking information that says 'The driver could not find your address. He has left a card telling you what to do next'.

Actually, we seem to be close to some carrier nexus as we usually get deliveries much quicker than where we used to be. All other courier services (even Yodel) seem to be OK.

Yetty":15iy6ojt said:
As the years go by, it doesn't really bother me now, especially as I can't really exert any influence. I just tell myself it's one of the quirks of living in the countryside, breath and relax...

I am in Suffolk as well and like you I try not to worry about it. Many years ago someone a lot brighter than me said look at how much you can influence the other party. If for whatever reason you might have some influence then complain and shout, if (as often the case these days) you have no influence then just don't bother.

As you said, breathe, relax, and in my case go talk to my dogs, they always listen to me :lol: :lol: :lol:

the only way to complain and shout is to fill in an online customer survey.
Guess how many times the managing director looks at that?

It would take a dedicated web site to complain about all the many issues with couriers. Who has the time and resources to set it up and manage it daily.? Better to go and collect it, moan like crazy and tell 20 others. Telling 20 others is the best way as its simple to do, will eventually affecdt their customer desireability and lead to les customers....or so I tell myself.

OR you could send them a bill for travel, lying and not delivering as they were paid to do. Wait 3 months, with monthly reminders, then go to small claims court. Wait 3 months with monthly reminders. Then get the bailiffs on them. I have done this once with a non-paying customer but what a hassle. Jesus.

A couple of weeks ago I had a parcel delivered by Hermes to my work address, which is on the first floor. On my way out of the building that evening, I found a card half way up, or down, the stairs saying that they had been unable to deliver the parcel because the office was closed. The driver must have prepared the card before trying to deliver it.

Hi All

The other problem about living in the country is reliance on Sat Nav. If you enter my PC on a Sat Nav, it shows you a commercial nursery down a private lane about 200yds off the main road (my address specifically states 'Main Road'. Once or twice I have had items shown as 'Returned to Supplier' because the delivery went to the nursery and nowhere else!!

Now I make sure I include my phone number (land line, you've guessed it v. poor mobile reception) I then 'Talk them in'. Works a treat.

Phil

treeturner123":1ro1xroq said:
Hi All

The other problem about living in the country is reliance on Sat Nav. If you enter my PC on a Sat Nav, it shows you a commercial nursery down a private lane about 200yds off the main road (my address specifically states 'Main Road'. Once or twice I have had items shown as 'Returned to Supplier' because the delivery went to the nursery and nowhere else!!

Now I make sure I include my phone number (land line, you've guessed it v. poor mobile reception) I then 'Talk them in'. Works a treat.

Phil

We have the same problem - sat navs think our house is 1/4 mile away up a tiny dead end farmer's lane. I always give specific instructions for couriers to phone when they're close by and I'll stand by the road and wave to them.

Our local postman comes in to the house and places parcels on a table in the living room... we didn't tell him to do it, it's just something he started to do recently.

You should complain to the sender, not in an peachie way, but in a "I'd have been much happier with the service if you'd used a cheaper and better courier" kind of way.

ParcelForce are a complete nightmare, presumably they're overly unionised and unable to move with the times as quickly as their competitors. They're the only courier that cause me problems, the rest will generally leave items with my neighbour or in my safe place, DPD will let me follow their driver on their app and see exactly when it's going to arrive and let me tell the driver what to do with it 'live'. ParcelForce turn up in a 12 hour window, usually when I'm at work, and then take the parcel 5 miles away to a place that only opens for a few hours in the morning.

I regularly highlight the issue with senders to try push them away from PF, if others do the same they might improve.

Worse one I had was an Amazon delivery, Amazon sent it themselves and cocked it up. Actually they delivered it but the card was illegible and I couldn't find it anywhere. I sent the card to Amazon and within an hour a new one was sent out, but to expedite the delivery they sent it by the 'fastest' option and 'upgraded' me to ParcelForce, took me a week to get hold of it in the end. Found the original parcel a month later when I got my Mini out of the garage and discovered the Amazon chap had forced the door open to slide it under and it had been sat jammed under a rear wheel the whole time.

paulrockliffe said:
You should complain to the sender, not in an peachie way, but in a "I'd have been much happier with the service if you'd used a cheaper and better courier" kind of way.

I did this recently with Toolstation. My heart sank when I saw their choice of carrier.
I normally go to store but wanted some of their online only stuff.
Didn't turn up next day despite being 24hr delivery. Came day after when I wasn't available to accept so they took it to a Post Office 7 miles away. What century are these Parcelfarce people living in?

Bill

Edit
PS Can someone advise the correct way to lift a quote to put in my post.

I worked for Parcelforce about fifteen years ago.
Nowhere near enough staff (so you’d be assigned more parcels than it’s possible to deliver), constant turnover (so nobody was there long enough to care) and laughably poor management (nobody had the same route twice!).
Chatting with my DPD driver (always the same fella, always in a good mood!) confirms that they’re a much better run outfit.

banjerbill":2356npp8 said:
paulrockliffe":2356npp8 said:

I did this recently with Toolstation. My heart sank when I saw their choice of carrier.
I normally go to store but wanted some of their online only stuff.
Didn't turn up next day despite being 24hr delivery. Came day after when I wasn't available to accept so they took it to a Post Office 7 miles away. What century are these Parcelfarce people living in?

Bill

Edit
PS Can someone advise the correct way to lift a quote to put in my post.

Click the quote button on the bottom right of the post you want to quote and the quote appears in the box for your reply.

Thanks but this quotes the whole post. How do I just quote part of it? I have tried highlighting the part I want but still get all the post.

Bill

Back