Amazon Prime....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
We're currently 'enjoying' a free months trial of Amazon Prime.... and its been ok, so so, not bad, etc etc.... but not blown away with it.

Watched a couple of films, downloaded a few kindle books, ordered some stuff for next day delivery, blah blah blahhh.... (but not everything was available on next day delivery)

Can anyone tell me.... is it possible, if we wanted, to subscribe to it on an as-and-when or month-by-month basis rather than a whole year.? Yes i know you can save money on a yearly basis. But was wondering with xmas coming up and the dire doo-doo thats on tv over the xmas period, it might be 'nice' to subscribe for a month or two then cancel again in January.

watch out for when they automatically make you pay for another month that you didn't agree to, it's a sneaky technique they have at amazon, I used it for less than 3 months before cancelling it.

Prime is only really any good if you many watch films or listen to lots to music. I do neither so not much use for me as the £7.99 pm it costs would cover a lot of postage and anyway many items are free postage providing you spend over £20. Plus Prime only covers items "fulfilled" by Amazon and quite a lot falls outside that requirement.

"Products eligible for Amazon Prime will be designated on the product page and at checkout. If only some items in your purchase are eligible for Amazon Prime, you'll be charged applicable shipping fees for the ineligible items. Items sold by Amazon.com that are marked on the product page and at checkout."

If the key driver is to be able to watch stuff then why not:

1) sign up to Now TV Entertainment Pass for a short trial,
2) at the end of the trial, cancel it and sign up to NowTV Sky Movie Pass for a short trial,
3) at the end of the trial, cancel it and sign up to Netflix for a short trial,
4) at the end of the trial, cancel it and go back to (1)

You can add another family member at the same address to Prime, giving both of you free next day delivery.

Most things I order I need tomorrow so it is very worthwile. When I search for products I tick the prime only filter. Always find what I need.

As for the video & music offerings, meh.......

Works well for us. We have three kindles (2 paperwhites) and read a lot. free books saves me more than the monthly subscription all by myself. let alone the missus books and the hd fire with games and full internet wi fi. The HD does everything a tablet computer can in half the space.
Dont order much, but added to the rest I am very happy.

I like prime, I think it’s good value. £70 for a year. That’s enough for postage savings alone plus you get films and tv and some music and you also get photo backup which I find useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiscoStu":539opmlo said:
I like prime, I think it’s good value. £70 for a year. That’s enough for postage savings alone plus you get films and tv and some music and you also get photo backup which I find useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's the lag from film-in-cinema to film-on-Amazon prime?

When I looked, films were available on Amazon pay-per-view around the same time as they appeared on disc, but the only films included on Prime were either donkeys years old or obscure rubbish (i.e. straight to Video, in old parlance).

BugBear

My daughter uses our prime account to get things for her - she's a nominated user - at university. Only trouble is it took her several terms to remember reliably to a) alter the default delivery address to her address in Liverpool, b) alter the payment to her details. Interestingly, the second seem to take longer to get fixed......

Back