Aldi Bandsaw £80

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh what a pleasant surprise it arrived this morning, took a few minutes to set up and gave it a test run.

1w.jpg

2w.jpg

Used the stock blade and resawed a piece of hardwood 25mm deep and took of this edge, stayed on track although I had the fence inside. (I have always cut that way, cannot get on with the fence on outside of table)
No problem

3w.jpg

ripped off the edge of a piece of ash 12mm thick.

4w.jpg

Getting in touch with Ian at Tuff saws to get a blade to rip 2" thick hardwood;

So its a nice little tool if you want to work at the lightweight end. (it does have a Scheppach mention on the plate)

Attachments

• 1w.jpg
    1w.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 3,816
  • 2w.jpg
    2w.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 3,816
  • 3w.jpg
    3w.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 3,816
  • 4w.jpg
    4w.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 3,817
Aldi and Lidl have some some amazing offers on some tools that are well below the price of the same items with a more recognised brand name at a much higher price offered elsewhere.

devonwoody":38gbs4s4 said:
BTW, I did not like the instruction manual.

I think you need to know and have experience of bAndsaws .

Do you have any tips that the instrution manual isn't clear on?

The manual is difficult to read as the illustrations are dark and small but assembly is pretty straightforward and common sense.

The blade is fitted to the machine so all you need to assemble is the table. Adjusting the tension and the bearing clearances on the blade is best done before you mount the table and it is very easy using the supplied hex keys. There are three adjusting hex's on each of the top and bottom guides.

If you search 'Bandsaw Clinic by Alex Snodgrass' on YouTube you will get an excellent tutorial on setting up a bandsaw and his tips and techniques apply to all bandsaws including this one.

Once you have adjusted the blade, you will need to level and square the table to the blade and this is very easy as there is just the mitre swivel and a height bolt to adjust.

Cracking little saw!

That was last weeks special, I'm afraid you missed it, Oh yes it was €49.99.

Mike

What a great video! I have never seen anything by Peter Millard before but he is a smashing presenter.

He reinforces everything I have found with the Aldi bandsaw which is my bargain of the year (until the £49.99 planer thicknesser arrives!).

The 10 saws in my local Aldi went in an hour.

Yes good video and I have also ordered three different bandsaw blades from Ian at Tuff Saws and will do a review when tested.

devonwoody":3okgk4i9 said:
Hi. Let me know when Aldi do a £50 P/T please completewioth a chip collector. :roll:

MikeJhn":3okgk4i9 said:
That was last weeks special, I'm afraid you missed it, Oh yes it was €49.99.

Mike

transatlantic":3okgk4i9 said:
Simou1":3okgk4i9 said:
until the £49.99 planer thicknesser arrives!

I assume this is second hand?

You assume wrong Sir. :D

Just to add that I have this bandsaw. The blade that comes with it is not very good but I bought a couple of replacements from TuffSaws which transform it. It is a very good saw now..

I've just bought a Record CX2000 chip/dust extractor but not yet got it setup. Should make a big difference.

Back