Advise Regarding Garage Clearout

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyr75

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am after some advise please. I am in the process of clearing out my dads garage following his passing last year and I am not sure how to value the many items of woodworking equipment he had.
They vary from a SIP 10” table saw to sanders, a lathe, bobbin sander, band Saw etc etc.
I need to sell the equipment in the next few weeks although I’m reluctant to start posting on gumtree etc with no idea about it all!
Any advise appreciated!
Thanks
Andy

Well if you post the items on here people will be able to give you indicative prices. You’ll probably get the best prices on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in either case, the first step is to establish what you have got.

I think a few good pictures (if you are happy to) will enable us to give you some idea

Steve

Thanks for the replies - list of some of the items below:

Item Model Number

SIP Wood Lathe 1488
SIP Bench Bobbin Sander 1482
Axminster Band Saw AWSBS2
Performance Power Bench Plane PP1260BP
Clarke Stand CBS3
nutool Router Table
Clarke Biscuit Jointer BJ600
Silverline Sander Polisher 180mm - 1200w
Wolfcraft Jig 4642000
Rolson Nail Gun F50
Bostitch Nail Gun 3-97-181 SB-1664FN
Rapesco Nail Gun 191EL
Axminster Orbit Sander 100040
Black & Decker Sander KA226
Virulex Biscuit Jointer
Black & Decker Sander KA210
nutool sander NP810
Bosch Grinder PWS600
Kinzo Sander 40P2700
Power Devil Circular Saw PDW5008/16
nutool Portable Thicknesser NPJ130
Powercraft Nail Gun
SIP 10" Table Saw 1332
nutool extractor MC201
Titan Pillar Drill
nutool sander
Evolution Saw 255mm Rage 3
SIP 16" Scroll Saw

One of the problems Andy, is were these tools purched new or second hand and how old are they and in what condition.
As mentioned, photos would help. Perhaps someone local to you who is a member of UKworkshop may be prepared to help you wuith advice. Anyone in the area?

I know that if I popped off before selling up my tiools, I would hope to have help from this forum, perhaps Moderators could help in such circumstances?

Malcolm

As DiscoStu said using the sold prices on eBay will help you. However I’d also add tools that are collection only will fetch less, and if you put a reserve on them or a starting price then be prepared to have to list them many times. Honestly, you are not in the prime uk location to command high 2nd hand prices, middle England is considerably cheaper than SE or SW. Selling 2nd had tools IMHO is eaither fast, but on the cheap side, or protracted to get the price you’d ideally like.

F.

It's not what you want to hear, but most of those items were among the cheapest available when they were new, so will be unattractive secondhand without guarantees from the maker. This applies to NuTool, Clarke, Power Devil, Silverline and probably the Black and Decker.

I recently got a Clarke BJ600 on eBay for £41, apparently unused. Including postage.

I'm afraid AndyT is right, none of that is prime stuff.
Have you thought of taking the lot to a car boot sale? I've never done one, but people I know who have have said that it was fun to do and they come home with a few bob.
You wouldn't get much for it but at least it would be over with quickly.

We are finishing the process of clearing out my mum's bungalow, and there is still stuff there of my dad's too. He's been gone 21 years, so the stuff that is left (all the junk, I hasten to add, not the good stuff!) is rusty and just needs to be tipped, unfortunately.

I'd be tempted to stick the lot on eBay individually with a 99p start price and collection only. If they sell, you get a few quid and someone takes them off your hands. Minimal effort :)

Latest posts

Back