New Joiner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato Pete

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My situation is that I have inherited some woodworking tools, and would like to be able to use them.
My first step is to set myself a workshop, probably a metal shed in the garden.

I did make a table in CSE woodwork, but that was some time ago and all using hand tools!
Hopefully this forum will provide some helpful pointers.

- Pete

hi there, welcome to ukw, the help and advice you will receive from the community here is imo 2nd to none. We all have different opinions so you get to choose what’s best for your abilities..

Hi everyone,

My situation is that I have inherited some woodworking tools, and would like to be able to use them.

I did make a table in CSE woodwork, but that was some time ago and all using hand tools!

- Pete
If you build a cheap metal shed you'll end up with condensation. Much better a wooden shed / summerhouse/ log cabin.

Hi everyone,

- Pete
Welcome to the forum. I agree with @Jameshow
Fred

Put your money into the largest possible shed. Heat it in the winter. As the years go by it will fill up and you will congratulate yourself on a wise decision however painful it was financially.

what are you thinking of making, and what tools have you inherited , a lot of the older tools can be high quality , my dads , who was a carpenter and cabinet maker all his like had some fantastic quality hand tools

Back