Fire safety/Fire extinguishers - what to buy etc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even smoking cigarettes takes 30/40 years of doing it constantly to end up with chronic issues.
I was serving a dozen or so newly qualified doctors in a bar one night (20 years ago) and commented that I was surprised most of them smoked. They said it was fine, it did no harm so long as you gave up by the time you were thirty.

I seem to remember that when I worked in a refinery in the Middle East they had to use a special fire fighting foam as the normal stuff was made of pigs' blood (a no-no for Muslims, of course)

I seem to remember that when I worked in a refinery in the Middle East they had to use a special fire fighting foam as the normal stuff was made of pigs' blood (a no-no for Muslims, of course)
From 1979 Oe blood foam agents were to be phasd out. The Armed forces used up stock.
They new agent is commonly called AFFF.

I remember reading that a problem at the time of the Indian Mutiny was that beef fat and pork fat were used in the making of shells so offending both Muslims and Hindus.

Latest posts

Back